The Golden Triangle Tour is one of the most popular tourist circuits in India, covering three iconic destinations – Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. It is named after the shape formed by the three cities on a map, and the tour takes you on a journey through India’s rich history, culture, and architecture.
The Golden Triangle Tour is a perfect introduction to India for first-time visitors, covering the highlights of the country’s cultural and architectural heritage. The tour takes you to some of the most popular and historically significant monuments in India, including the Taj Mahal, the Red Fort, the Hawa Mahal, and the Amber Fort. It’s a perfect way to experience India’s vibrant culture, rich history, and architectural marvels.
The Golden Triangle Tour typically lasts for 5-6 days and starts from Delhi, the capital of India. From Delhi, the tour moves on to Agra, home to the iconic Taj Mahal, and then to Jaipur, the capital of the Indian state of Rajasthan. The tour can be customized to suit your preferences, and you can add more destinations and experiences to your itinerary.
Itinerary for Golden Triangle India Tour Package:
Day 1: Arrival in Delhi
Arrive in Delhi, where you will be greeted by our representative and taken to your hotel. After check-in, you can relax for a while before heading out to explore the bustling streets of Delhi. Visit some of the city’s iconic landmarks like the India Gate, Qutub Minar, Lotus Temple, and Humayun’s Tomb.
Day 2: Delhi Sightseeing
After breakfast, embark on a full-day sightseeing tour of Delhi. Visit the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, and Raj Ghat, which are all important historical landmarks in the city. In the afternoon, visit the bustling markets of Chandni Chowk and Connaught Place.
Day 3: Delhi to Agra
After breakfast, leave for Agra, the city of the Taj Mahal. Upon arrival, check into your hotel and freshen up. Later, visit the Agra Fort, another UNESCO World Heritage Site that boasts of beautiful architecture and rich history. In the evening, enjoy a sunset visit to the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Day 4: Agra to Jaipur
After breakfast, leave for Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan. On the way, visit the deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Upon arrival in Jaipur, check into your hotel and relax for the evening.
Day 5: Jaipur Sightseeing
After breakfast, embark on a full-day sightseeing tour of Jaipur. Visit the Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, and the Amber Fort, which is located on the outskirts of the city. In the evening, explore the colorful markets of Jaipur and shop for souvenirs.
Day 6: Departure
After breakfast, depart for Delhi, where you can catch your flight back home.
A Quick Guide to Golden Triangle Tour 6 Days:
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit the Golden Triangle is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant.
- Getting there: The tour usually starts from Delhi, which is well-connected to major cities in India and abroad. You can fly into Delhi and then travel by road or train to Agra and Jaipur.
- Accommodation: There are plenty of accommodation options in Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur, ranging from budget hotels to luxury resorts. You can choose your accommodation based on your budget and preferences.
Things to do:
- Visit the Taj Mahal: No trip to the Golden Triangle is complete without a visit to the Taj Mahal, one of the most iconic monuments in the world. Built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal, the Taj Mahal is a symbol of love and a masterpiece of Mughal architecture.
- Explore Delhi’s street food: Delhi is a foodie’s paradise, and you can’t leave the city without trying some of its famous street food. From chaat and parathas to kebabs and biryanis, Delhi’s street food is a gastronomical delight.
- Shop for souvenirs in Jaipur: Jaipur is famous for its colorful markets and handicrafts. From jewelry and textiles to pottery and leather goods, you can find a wide variety of souvenirs in Jaipur’s markets. Don’t forget to bargain!
- Experience Rajasthani culture: Jaipur is the perfect place to experience Rajasthani culture. From folk music and dance to puppet shows and camel rides, there are plenty of cultural experiences to be had in Jaipur.
- Learn about Mughal history: The Mughals were one of the most powerful dynasties in India, and their legacy can be seen in the architecture and culture of the Golden Triangle. Take some time to learn about Mughal history and visit the historical landmarks associated with the Mughal era.
The Golden Triangle Tour from Delhi is a must-do for anyone visiting India. With its rich history, vibrant culture, and iconic monuments, it offers a glimpse into the heart of India. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, the Golden Triangle Tour is an experience that you’ll never forget. In addition to the standard Golden Triangle Tour, Holiday Taj Tours offers Golden Triangle Tour 5 days package that allows you to delve even deeper into the wonders of the region.