Chokhi Dhani is a popular tourist attraction located just outside Jaipur, the capital city of the Indian state of Rajasthan. This traditional Rajasthani village resort offers visitors an opportunity to experience the vibrant culture and rich heritage of the region through its colorful festivals, cultural performances, and authentic Rajasthani cuisine. If you are planning to visit Jaipur and wondering how to reach Chokhi Dhani, then this blog is for you.
How To Reach Chokhi Dhani From Jaipur
The easiest and most convenient way to reach Chokhi Dhani is by car. If you have your vehicle, you can drive to Chokhi Dhani from Jaipur. It is located about 20 km from the city center, and it takes around 40 minutes to reach there. You can take the NH11A road towards Sikar and take a left turn after the toll plaza. From there, follow the signs for Chokhi Dhani.
If you don’t have a car, you can hire a taxi or a private cab to reach Chokhi Dhani. The fare for a one-way trip is around Rs. 500 to Rs. 700. You can book a cab from any of the taxi providers in Jaipur, or you can book one through an app like Uber or Ola.
Another way to reach Chokhi Dhani from Jaipur is by bus. There are regular buses from the main bus stand in Jaipur to Chokhi Dhani. The bus fare is around Rs. 20 to Rs. 30 per person, and it takes around 45 minutes to reach there. You can take any bus that goes towards Sikar and get down at the Chokhi Dhani bus stop. From there, the resort is just a few minutes walk away.
By Auto Rickshaw:
Auto-rickshaws are a popular mode of transportation in Jaipur, and you can use them to reach Chokhi Dhani as well. The fare for a one-way trip is around Rs. 300 to Rs. 400, and it takes around 30 minutes to reach there. You can hire an auto-rickshaw from any part of the city and ask the driver to take you to Chokhi Dhani.
Jaipur Metro is a fast and affordable mode of transportation in the city, but it doesn’t go all the way to Chokhi Dhani. However, you can take the metro to Mansarovar Station, which is the closest metro station to Chokhi Dhani. From there, you can hire a taxi or an auto-rickshaw to reach the resort. The fare for a one-way trip is around Rs. 100 to Rs. 200.
There is no direct train to Chokhi Dhani from Jaipur, but you can take a train to Jaipur Junction and then hire a taxi or an auto-rickshaw to reach the resort. Jaipur Junction has located about 17 km from Chokhi Dhani, and it takes around 35 minutes to reach there. The fare for a one-way trip is around Rs. 300 to Rs. 500.
Tips for visiting Chokhi Dhani:
- The entry fee for Chokhi Dhani is around Rs. 800 to Rs. 1,200 per person, depending on the package you choose.
- Chokhi Dhani is open from 5:30 PM to 11:00 PM, and it’s best to visit in the evening when the cultural performances and other activities are in full swing.
- The resort offers a wide range of traditional Rajasthani cuisine, and it’s a must-try for anyone visiting the place.
- Chokhi Dhani is a family-friendly place, and there are many activities for kids, such as camel rides, puppet shows, and magic shows.
- Don’t forget to dress up in traditional Rajasthani attire, which is available for rent at the resort. It’s a great way to get into the spirit of the place and make some memorable photos.
- The resort is quite large, and it’s easy to get lost, so make sure you keep a map or ask for directions if needed.
- Plan your visit in advance and book your tickets and reservations beforehand to avoid any last-minute hassle.
- Make sure to watch the cultural performances, which include folk dances, puppet shows, and live music. They are a highlight of the Chokhi Dhani experience.
- Lastly, respect the local customs and traditions, and be mindful of the environment. Chokhi Dhani is a beautiful and unique place, and we should all do our part to preserve it for future generations.
In conclusion, Chokhi Dhani is a must-visit destination for anyone visiting Jaipur. Whether you are a history buff, a foodie, or just looking for a fun evening with your family and friends, Chokhi Dhani has something for everyone. We hope this guide on how to reach Chokhi Dhani has been helpful, and we wish you a memorable experience at this unique Rajasthani village resort.